Monday, January 31, 2005

Iraqi Citizens: Voting a Success

WaPo, Monday, January 31, 2005. Page A1. Mood Is Festive; Turnout Appears Strong Despite Deadly Attacks By Anthony Shadid ...At one (voting) station, a woman showered election workers with candy. At another, a veiled, elderly woman kept repeating "God's blessings on you" to election workers..."It's like a wedding. I swear to God, it's a wedding for all of Iraq," said Mohammed Nuhair Rubaie, the direector of a polling station in Baghdad's Sunni Neighborhood of Tunis...Even in the Wake of Suicide Blast, 'They Didn't Want to Go Back Home' By Karl Vick, Page A1. "I would have been happy to have died voting at the time of this explosion...", said Saif Aldin Jarah, 61...In Najaf, a "triumph over 35 years of suppression," (By Doug Struck, Page A12) said Nadeen Abdul Raheem, an election official..."

3 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Combat Doc said...

I spent a tour in Mosul and I can tell you that now the world knows what we knew while there. They loved us and are happy to be free, now it's all over CNN whether the left likes it or not. Keep blogging!!!

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger firediva said...

I am delighted with the strength, courage and faith of the Iraqi people!!! I would like to know how those in the US who have claimed "Voter Intimidation" in the November 2004 Election can justify such a claim with a straight face. For some reason, Iraqis were willing 1. to bring positive proof of Iraqi citizenship to register to vote; 2. to return on yet another day to vote with this identification being required again; 3. to ink their fingers to ensure no voter fraud - take a look at the recent voter fraud due to registration problems in the States of Wisconsin and Washington; 4. to WALK many miles or take long bus rides, etc. to get to the polling stations; 5. to be searched before entering the polling site; 6. to risk their lives by waiting in line to vote.

Vote Intimidation in the USA - yeah, right! hardly!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Tx Texas House Cleaning said...

Nice blog. I seen the site and I adored the work,
that I want to visit it more each day! I like
searching for blogs that have the same content like
this one!
I hope you can look through my de delaware house cleaning blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home