Monday, February 28, 2005

Breaking News: Washington Post Sacrifices Reality, Math, for Leftist Political Agenda

Letter to the Editor, from today's WaPo, Monday, February 28, 2005 page A16.

As a high school senior, I took particular interest in Ylan Q. Mui’s Feb 23 Metro article, “MD Targets School snacks.”
Kathleen Lazor said the school administration is saying, “Make smart choices,” but removing food options for students, some of whom are old enough to drive and even vote, is not about smart choices; it’s about no choices—or the choices the school system is happy to make for you.
Moreover, I am perplexed by the statement that “about 16 percent of children across the country are overweight, meaning that their body-mass index is in the 95th percentile for their age group.” If 16 percent of children have higher body-mass index than 95 percent of children, doesn’t that mean that 11 out of every 100 children have a higher BMI than themselves?
Or, put another way, that’s 111 percent.
Andrew Ward, Gaithersburg

1 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Wy Wyoming House Cleaning said...

Incredible blog. I admired your site and I will be
back once again to view it! I use much of my spare
time searching for blogs like yours.
I'm looking at the possibility of checking your al alabama house cleaning blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home