Wednesday, February 16, 2005

What A Way To Die!

Suzi Quatro's hot all-girl-group The Pleasure Seekers made only three singles during 1967-1968. What A Way To Die! is the best of them, a demented-sounding five-alarm screamer in which a girl can't decide what she likes better-- her boyfriend or beer! Suzi blasts out this frenzied 3-chord monster and when she shrieks "I may not live past twenty-one, but WOO!!! What a way to die!!!" you think that she just might drop right then and there. Suzi did live past twenty-one, and she and her Fender bass found worldwide fame just a couple of years later, with some of the biggest and coolest hard-rock hits of the 70's.

I may not live past twenty-one, but WOOO! What a way to die!
What A Way To Die (excerpt)
Well, I love you baby, I'm telling you right here.
But please don't make me decide baby, between you and a bottle of beer.
Baby come on over, well, come on over to my side.
Well, I may not live past twenty-one, but wooo! What a way to die!

Suzi played Leather Tuscadero in the 1977 season of Happy Days
Viva Leather Tuscadero!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home