Thursday, April 28, 2005

Questions for the Blue Staters

Do you think that outside-of-the-US travel makes you worldly? Do you think that eating at the latest trendy restaurant makes you a sophisticate? Do you think that going to the Opera give you elan? Do you believe that visiting a museum exhibit demonstrates that you have a high IQ? Do you feel that atheism and/or a mindless "acceptance" of Islam makes you compassionate?

Sadly, this is what passes for a true life among the Blue State Elites. When they talk about the troglodytic lifestyles of the Red State hordes--that is, whenever they talk about the Red Staters, period--they mean that those unfortunate rustics do not or will not avail themselves of such urban pleasures as listed above.
I have personally known such human being manques as this. They think they are the cultural ne plus ultra...but I call them middlebrows.
Socrates probably never traveled far from Athens. da Vinci is not remembered as a gourmand. Isaac Newton probably couldn't tell a Merlot from a Chardonnay. Dante Alighieri despised Islam.
I guess they'd be called rednecks today!

8 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger jedmunds said...

Yes to all questions except the islam one. I hate islam as much as I hate any other religion, perhaps more so. But then, they aren't real yesses to your other questions either, just ironic ones. But the truth is, yes I am better than you, and it is because I am an urbane sophisticate. But I don't go to the opera and I hate trendy restaurants and museums. I am merely a man of class and taste and a bit of discernment.

What's it like to have your politics fueled by resentment and paranoid belief that others are looking down at you?

Carry on.

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger Enlargement said...

Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here on accident while searching for something esle, but nice blog.. I got you bookmarked.

If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about washington dc permanent laser hair removal. It pretty much covers washington dc permanent laser hair removal and other similar topics available.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger TLA Increase Your Page Rank said...

Sarenza.com : toutes vos chaussures par internet, plus de 40 grandes marques, livraison gratuite, retour pendant 100 jours. chaussures de sport

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger jiri said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger TLA Increase Your Page Rank said...

Sarenza.com : toutes vos chaussures par internet, plus de 40 grandes marques, livraison gratuite, retour pendant 100 jours. Rushcollection

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Tom Naka said...

I have a free pet health care uk
site. It pretty much covers free pet health care uk
related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Shawn T Lippert said...

Thank you for the informative blog
Here Is some additional Laser Hair Removal resources for most types of
Laser Hair Removal Procedures

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Nd North Dakota House Cleaning said...

Remarkable blog. I take the neccesary time to find
blogs that are just as good as the ones you do.
Go and find my sd south dakota house cleaning blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home